eGo Urban Limited - Terms of Sale
We advise all customers to read these terms of sale before purchasing an order with us.
1. What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, both goods and services.
2. Important to read. Please read these terms carefully before placing an order. The terms provide important information on product provision, what to do if there is a problem and other information. Any issues with these terms please do not hesitate to contact us directly if you have concerns.
3. Information about us and how to contact us
3.1 eGo Urban Limited (company number 12634647) is a company registered in England and Wales. Our website that we own is www.egourban.com
3.2 To contact us e-mail email@example.com
3.3 If we need to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order. When we refer to writing this includes the email communication process.
4. Our contract with you
4.1 Order Acceptance. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
4.2 If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the product. Sometimes this may occur if the product is out of stock or unexpected changes which we cannot plan for. It may also be because of delivery timescale changes which means we cannot fulfil deadlines you have requested.
4.3 Order number. On acceptance of an order you will receive an order number. It is important you have this order number when you contact us so we can efficiently deal with your enquiry.
5 Our products
5.1 Website Pictures. Photographic images on our website are for illustrative purposes only. We have displayed specific product model details to the best of our ability, but we cannot guarantee that your product will not vary slightly from the images shown.
5.2 Packaging. We take time to carefully pack your product, but this may vary slightly from what is shown on the website.
6 Customer Changes and Your Rights
We want all our customers to be happy. However, if you would like to make a change to the product you have ordered, please contact us and we will do what we can to support the change. If a change is possible, we will let you know directly on timing and details that impact this change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract based on terms in the section below.
7. Our Rights to Change – we may occasionally make changes, these could be:
7.1 Minor changes to the products to reflect changing laws or regulatory requirements or technical improvements
7.2 Major changes to products and terms will result in our customers being notified and an opportunity for the customer to end the contract prior to any major changes taking place.
8. Products Suspended. If we are unable to supply products, we will notify you as soon as we possibly can. Products will not be released to customers until full payment is provided.
9. Ending your contract with us. If you decide to end the contract with us your rights will depend on your reason for doing so. If what you have bought is faulty or not as described, you may have a legal right to end the contract (or get the product repaired or replaced or to get some or all your money back). If you have changed your mind about the product, please see information below.
10. Ending the contract as a result of a change we have done. We will agree to end the contract and refund you in full for any products. These reasons include that a) we have informed you of a change to the product to which you do not agree with b) we have informed you of an error in the product or price on the website and you do not wish to proceed c) we have suspended supply of the product for technical reasons. If we have done something wrong, you may also have a right to end the contract.
11. Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013).
You have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights outlined below are under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. Customers have 14 days from when you receive the goods (unless you have multi deliveries over differing days). If you have multi deliveries, you have 14 days after the day you receive the last goods.
12. Ending your contract with us. If you would like to end the contract, please contact us directly by phone or email. Call customer services on + 44 (0) 203 4886128 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your order number, name, home address and email, details of the order.
13. Returning products to us. If you end the contract for any reasons outlined about it is your duty to return the products to us in resale condition. You must ensure the scooter is securely packed in its original box to allow safe transit. If you are returning a product that can be safely sent to us in original box and via courier, please contact us directly to arrange return address. In all cases, if you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
14. Cost of delivery return. We will only pay the costs of return if the products are faulty or misdescribed or if there is an error in pricing or information. In all other circumstances, (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return or collection. Please note that this includes the cost of providing suitable secure packaging if you are returning a scooter and no longer have the original box. Please see delivery section for more information.
15. Refunding Customers. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, if there is any reduction in the value of goods returned. This could be caused by your handling or using them in a way which would not be permitted in a ship causing heavily soiled, scratched and used products. We will refund you once we have received the products back and assessed the condition of the products as acceptable.
The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
16. Refund Timing. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind, then your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you.
17. eGo Urban ending your contract. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if you do not, within a reasonable time of us requesting, provide us with delivery information correctly that allows us to deliver your product.
18. Product Withdrawal. If we decide to stop providing the product, we will inform you in writing of this decision. We will refund any sums owed to you that have been paid in advance of receiving the products.
19. Problem with the product. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us at email@example.com. You can telephone our customer service team at + 44 (0) 203 4886128.
20. Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are of satisfactory quality and in line with our contract terms. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
21. Price and payment terms. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price on the website pages when you placed your order. We do our utmost to ensure all pricing on the website is always accurate. We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we provide the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
22. Inaccurate pricing. In the unfortunate incident, which we always try not to happen, that pricing is wrong, and we accept and process your order without amending this, we will notify you of this. If the product price is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we process your order. If we accept and process your order without the pricing inaccuracy noticed, we will contact you to either refund or end the contract terms.
23. Payment Terms. We accept payment with Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Bank Transfer.
24. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you. We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. We are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process. Please see our disclaimer on personal liability on home page footer.
25. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products including the right to receive products which are as described, of satisfactory quality or if the products are defective under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
26. We are not liable for business losses. eGo Urban only supplies under these terms for domestic and private use. If you wish to discuss with us fleet usage, which we are happy to discuss, then our terms and conditions will be reviewed separately. If you use our products on these terms, we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business or any business impact.
27. Disclaimer: the customer / rider assumes all liability and risk associated with the use of electric scooter products and holds eGo Urban Limited and its owners free from any liability caused by their use.
29. Laws and Legal Proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
30. Disputes to be raised with us via ADR. Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to contact an alternative dispute resolution provider. Please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform. See information in Terms of Service.